January 7, 2019
I haven’t been having much luck lately with gaining universal knowledge through meditation and I wondered why. Was I asking too much, was it all just BS, or was I just wasting my time with all of this? So I paused and revisited my notes that I’ve written after each meditation and realized something very important. I’ve been asking the universe for knowledge with respect to my goal of writing 5 great songs by January 31st. Well within my January 3, 2019 mediation I had written down that I had discovered two cool sites. One was “Voice Leading for Guitar” and “Mastering Music Theory to Improve Your Songwritting: Major and Minor Modes” both via Take Note Berklee Online magazine. What I failed to realize at the time was that I was given a building block to assist me with my request for knowledge. It is now apparent that the right answer is never going to be told to you or just handed over. Its going to take some real work to understand and build your vision. I don’t believe Einstein was just given the manual for the theory of relativity, I do believe that he got the building blocks from our universe and began to put them together.
Here is what I’ve been doing the past few days.
January 3, 2019 Meditation Notes:
- Mentioned two articles and posted on my Facebook page. Skimmed but never really took the time to dive into what was being said. – MISTAKE ON MY PART
- Started mediation around 9 PM, I felt tired and drained. It is definitely better either in the morning or afternoon.
- After calming, I saw a pyramid with a bright white light coming out of the top.
- After that a very detailed white almost painted slender face with coal colored eyes popped into my vision. It startled me and I lost the face immediately.
- Recorded some guitar ideas after the session.
January 4, 2019
- Session again occurred at night, this time around 11:00 PM.
- Tried to meditate while lying in bed, there was no timer set for this session. I’m not even aware how long the session was.
- I tried focusing on seeing myself playing guitar and coming up with ideas.
- Since I was in bed I didn’t document my results
January 5, 2019
- Meditated in the morning on my new meditation chair.
- Tried something new by aligning myself facing North. I used my phone’s compass to get as accurately as I could.
- Focused on music and theory this is when I realized that I needed to learn the provided knowledge.
January 6, 2019
- Did not meditate not sure why but I wasn’t feeling the need. I believe it is because I haven’t yet gone through the linked material from Berklee Online Magazine.
Part of a Blog series. See last Post